Restarting my blog with a sweet. Badam halwa is one of my favorite indian dessert.My dad used to get me hot,fresh badam halwa from Krishna Sweets,Gandhipuram which is near our home(he still does it when i go to India).In this recipe i just used less ghee (which is more than enough) and no food color.
Almond- 1 cup
Ghee-1/2 cup (8 tbsp)
- Soak almond overnight,peel the skin and grind it little coarsely with 250 ml of milk .
- Heat 6tbsp of ghee in a non stick pan ,add the badam paste with remaining milk.
- Add saffron when the mixture is warm,keep stirring
- When most of the milk is absorbed and you see ghee beginning to seperate,add sugar
- When the sugar is dissolved completely,add the remaining 2 tbsp of ghee,stir for 2-3 minutes or until the desired halwa consistency.
- Halwa is ready , Serve hot, Enjoy.